April 23, 2016, 1-5 pm, DeVry University, 660 Dumbarton Circle, Fremont, CA
The event is organized by several Fil-Am organizations including Global Filipino Network (GFN), Filipino Professional Network at Cisco (FPN), International Society of Filipinos in Finance and Accounting (ISFFA) and Your Filipino Professionals Network (YFPA). DeVry University has partnered with this event and is providing their campus as the site for this year's event.
A Two-in-One Event
This event is a fabulous opportunity for the Filipino community in the SF Bay Area to connect with each other and drive meaningful conversations that will lead for more future collaboration.
The Program is divided into the following sections:
Career Speaker Series (Panel Discussion)
We invited five (5) professionals from various Fortune 500 companies (Google, Genentech, Cisco Systems, Chevron, and Aerospace Defense) for a panel discussion to talk about the topic: "Finding Success In Your Life". See attached flyer.
Our theme for this year is "Building Community Through Learning and Collaboration"
Several organizations coming from various sectors have already confirmed their participation in this networking session. These groups include:
- Corporate Filipino resource groups (Cisco, Chevron, PG&E, Schwab, etc)
- Non-Profit and Community Organizations
- Student Groups
- Media organization
If you think your organization or company would like to participate, please read the guidelines below;
Guidelines for Participating Organizations in the Networking Session:
Our goal is to encourage as many organizations to join the networking session. Below are the next steps for you and what to expect during the event:
- CONFIRM PARTICIPATION. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate that you are confirming participation to this event. Deadline to confirm participation is April 15.
- TABLES. Organizations shall be provided with a half-table (4' x 2'), however, take note that due to space limitation, this is on a first-come, first-served basis only.
- PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS. Bring any promotional materials or collaterals want to share with the other networkers. You can also bring your Roll-Up banners. You can also use this event to recruit members.
- REFRESHMENTS. We would like to request that you bring a light meal or snack that you can share with the other organizations. We will provide the utensils.
- RAFFLE PRIZES. Optionally, you can let us know if you are also interested in donating an item as prizes for our Raffle drawing You will be presenting the prize yourself to the winner.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS. We will allocate some time for each organization reps/heads to come to the front to make announcements of their organization's upcoming events or milestone
- Members RSVP. Kindly ask your members to please register via https://filspeakers.eventbrite.com.
– CHRISTINA SCHWALBE, Senior Associate, Genentech
– MARIAN CATEDRAL-KING, PGPA Representative, Northern California and the Pacific Northwest, Chevron
– MARY ANN BAUTISTA, Business Architect, Cisco Systems
– MINNIE TANGLAO-OTT , Program Manager, Corporate Engineering, Google
– ROENNA NEPOMUCENO, Mechanical Engineer, Aerospace Defense & Marine Company
Founder, Coffee Scrub and Roenna Design
– Carlo Dela Fuente, Senior Manager, Cisco Systems
– Cathy Mendoza, Former Controller, Safeway.com