The Happy Home Cook features cherished recipes of Filipino dishes from well-known foodies and contributors. If you have a recipe that you are proud of and would like to share, please send it along with a photo of the dish, your two-sentence bio and your picture to email@example.com.
Note that I am using a special coconut recipe mix for this recipe called Knorr Ginataang Gulay Recipe Mix. This provides almost all the flavors to the dish. I did not need to use salt or patis (fish sauce).
Any type of fish can be used for this recipe. I have tried using boneless bangus (milkfish), galunggong (round scad fish), and tilapia.
3 Tablespoons cooking oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium onion, sliced
1 (45g.) pack Knorr Ginataang Gulay Recipe Mix
1 ½ cups water
1-pound salmon fillet
4 pieces long green chili pepper
3 to 4 pieces Thai chili pepper (optional)
1 bunch fresh spinach
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Salt to taste (optional)
1. Heat oil in a cooking pot.
2. Sauté the garlic and onion once the oil gets hot. Continue to cook until the onion becomes soft.
3. In a bowl, combine Knorr Ginataang Gulay Recipe mix and water. Stir until well blended. Pour the mixture into the cooking pot. Let boil.
4. Add salmon fillet one-by-one along with the long green pepper and chili pepper. Cover the pot and then cook in medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes.
5. Add spinach. Stir. Season with ground black pepper. You may add salt, if preferred.
6. Cover the pot and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with rice.
8. Share and enjoy.
This recipe was originally posted in: https://panlasangpinoy.com/ginataang-salmon-sa-gata-recipe-salmon-in-coconut-milk_knr_mm/
More on Vanjo Merano and Panlasang Pinoy